Having a single plugin for both Android and iOS makes it easier to maintain a consistent API on both platforms. When we merged our old plugins into PSPDFKit-Cordova, we made sure that the new API is implemented on both Android and iOS, in order to improve the experience of writing cross-platform code.
In the table below, you can see the unified
|Old Android API||Old iOS API||Unified API|
For more details, take a look at our API reference.
Compatibility and Improvements
We’ve updated our new plugin to take full advantage of the latest improvements in Cordova, Ionic, and the host operating systems. Below, we list some notable changes and improvements:
- Our new plugin is fully compatible with Cordova 9.0.0 and later.
- Full compatibility with PSPDFKit 6 for Android, offering improved performance, better accessibility, and more.
- Full compatibility with PSPDFKit 9 for iOS with iOS 13 enhancements, including Dark Mode.
- CocoaPods is used by default on iOS projects.
- Easier than ever installation and integration steps.
Migration Made Easy
If you were previously using one of our Cordova plugins, we made the migration to the new one very easy. Please take a look at our migration guides for more information about how to migrate to our new plugin.
Our plugin is open source, so you can customize and extend it to suit your project’s requirements. If you’re looking to extend native APIs or contribute, we recommend that you take a look at our How to Expose Native iOS APIs to Cordova post. We look forward to pull requests that extend and improve the plugin.