Join us at PSPDFKit
Work here is very challenging,
but you'll absolutely love it.
Our headquarters is in Vienna, Austria, but our team can be found all over the world in places like Raleigh, Hamburg, Ljubljana, Kiev, Mexico City, Bratislava, Cologne and London. We are committed to having the best developers from all over the world. We’re growing fast and have some exciting new products in the pipeline. Join us for the ride.
We have a creative and flexible work culture that combines the community of an office setting with the flexibility of a remote setting. Our goal is to craft superior quality products while providing the highest quality of life for our team. Every action we take as a company is with these goals in mind. We firmly believe that what is best for our team is best for our company.
Most of us are around the UTC timezone. We found that working with people within 6 hours of time difference works best and we have a few people in EST (UTC-5). Other, more distant timezones might work but only in exceptional cases.
We are looking for people joining our team - not for outsourcing companies or recruiting agencies.
Here's everything you need to know about our hiring process.
We’re currently looking for
Senior C++ Engineer
We're looking to hire an experienced C++ developer to join our team working on PSPDFKit, the leading PDF framework for iOS and Android. Our framework is used by many companies in countless different settings, which brings unique challenges, especially around API design and writing robust code.
- Make architectural decisions that will impact thousands of apps for years.
- Write code that's readable, cross-platform, well documented and has meaningful tests so shipping new releases can happen often and without fear.
- Build new features and fix existing issues.
- Spend time to get things “right”, not to hack something up quick.
- Collaborate daily with the whole team (Android, iOS, Core, Support, Backend, Design) using Slack, GitHub and Google Hangouts.
Our ideal candidate
- Has good communication skills and understands the importance of team cohesion.
- Has a good understanding of modern C++ 11/14/17, and loves to to write efficient, safe, readable code.
- Has experience with cross-platform mixed language projects and feels comfortable with Java and Objective-C.
- Enjoys designing components with a clear and simple API.
- Has experience with development for mobile platforms.
- Has a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Has a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
- Has worked remotely and understands the different challenges of a distributed team.
What you get
- Room for personal and professional development.
- The luxury of working with all the latest compilers and tool chains.
- A motivated team and a thriving work culture.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
You should include these in your application
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: How'd you get started? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
- A piece of code that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why. (It doesn't have to be your own code.)
- Links to online profiles you use (Github, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).