PSPDFKit for Web 2021.1 is here with the all-new Collaboration Permissions feature for Server-backed setups. It also includes improved responsiveness of document operations on Standalone.
The new Collaboration Permissions feature provides fine-grained control over permissions in a Server-backed setup. With Collaboration Permissions, you can:
- Restrict a user from deleting an annotation but allow them to edit it and vice versa
- Hide annotations, comments, and form fields from specific users
- Define who is allowed to fill out form fields
- Define who is allowed to reply to a particular comment thread
- Create private notes not visible to anyone else
What makes Collaboration Permissions even better is that these permissions are defined in the JSON Web Token (JWT) and enforced on the server side. This provides a stronger security model than what can be implemented with client-side callbacks.
Standalone Performance Improvements
This release also includes numerous bug fixes and minor improvements. For a complete list of changes, see the PSPDFKit for Web 2021.1 and PSPDFKit Server 2021.1 changelogs, as well as the migration guides for PSPDFKit for Web 2021.1 and PSPDFKit Server 2021.1.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in working with Collaboration Permissions. We’d love to hear about your use case and discuss how to best implement it.