About PSPDFKit for macOS
PSPDFKit is a framework for iOS, macOS, Android and Web that deals with everything related to PDF. It’s a large framework and we expose a lot of API so many aspects can be customized. The API can be intimidating at first but you really only need the basics to get started.
PSPDFKit for macOS is the youngest child in our PSPDF family. It is based on the exact same core that powers our iOS framework — sans views.
At a Glance
While the amount of API might look overwhelming at first, you usually only need a subset of these classes but have the power to customize almost anything. We chose to expose a lot of API so that every aspect can be customized, however most settings have good and sensible defaults and you don’t need to know about all classes to start using it.
Here’s the list of classes you will most likely use:
- PSPDFDocument - the base class for your PDFs. Can contain multiple document sources from files, data blobs or even
- PSPDFDocumentDelegate - be notified when the document is being saved.
- PSPDFProcessor - create new documents or password-protect existing ones.
- PSPDFAnnotation - the base class for all annotation objects.
- PSPDFGlyph - represents a single character in a PDF document. Use objectsAtPDFRect:pageIndex:options: to extract from pages.
- PSPDFCache - fine-tune the caching behavior or clear the disk cache.
Visit pspdfkit.com/guides for a step-by-step guide to integrate PSPDFKit.
PSPDFKit is commercially licensed. Contact us at email@example.com. Copyright © 2010-2017 PSPDFKit GmbH.
Feel free to submit a support ticket if you have any questions or bug reports.