- Work with a small, driven team that builds new features and fixes existing issues on a steady schedule while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
- Collaborate tightly with people from the Android, iOS, server-side, and Core (PDF) teams.
- Make architectural choices that will impact thousands of products.
- Write readable, cross-platform, and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
- Spend more time getting things “right” as opposed to hacking something quickly.
- Collaborate with the whole team (Android, iOS, Core, Support, Backend, Design) using Slack, GitHub, and Google Hangouts.
- Be proficient in web programming languages, reactive programming, and immutable data structures.
- Have a deep understanding of the full web technology stack: HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, DOM, JS APIs, cross-browser CSS quirks.
- Be eager to learn new technologies (e.g. IndexedDB 2, Service Workers, WebAssembly), while keeping an eye open for fallbacks on older browsers.
- Not be pigeonholed into frontend development; past experience and active interest in backend development (e.g Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL), functional languages (e.g. Clojure(Script), Reason, Elixir), or native mobile platforms (Android, iOS) are a plus.
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
- Have worked remotely and understand the demands of working with a distributed team.
- Room for personal and professional development.
- A motivated team and a work culture that enables you to do your best work.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation policy.
We Are Looking For:
- A write-up explaining who you are as a programmer. We are especially passionate about knowing how you got started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you’ve learned about yourself since you began programming.
- A piece of code (it doesn’t have to be your own) that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why.
- Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
- A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
PSPDFKit is helping companies and users increase productivity across the globe. With our robust PDF solutions, we ensure developers and end-users have the highest quality tools available to do their best work. Trusted by industry leaders throughout the world such as IBM, SAP, Lufthansa & United Airlines, PSPDFKit is the go-to solution for integrating PDFs into your app. Find out more about us on the team page.
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We'd especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.
Apply for This Position