We're looking to hire a junior iOS developer to join our team in Vienna working on PSPDFKit, the leading PDF framework for iOS and Android. Our framework is used by many companies in countless different settings, which brings unique challenges, especially around API design and writing robust code. You will learn a lot and grow into an experienced engineer while working on a huge, interesting project. (We do not offer relocation - you should already be in Vienna for this role.)
- Learn how a large project and codebase is organized.
- Build new features and fix existing issues, mentored by our senior engineers.
- Write code that's readable, cross-platform, well documented and has meaningful tests so shipping new releases can happen often and without fear.
- Spend time to get things “right”, not to hack something up quick.
- Collaborate daily with the whole team (Android, iOS, Core, Support, Backend, Design) using Slack, GitHub and Google Hangouts.
Our ideal candidate
- Has good communication skills and understands the importance of team cohesion.
- Has a good understanding about Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Enjoys designing components with a clear and simple API.
- Has both experience with Objective-C but also knowledge of C and C++.
- Has a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
- Has a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
What you get
- Room for personal and professional development.
- A motivated team and a thriving work culture.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
You should include these in your application
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: How'd you get started? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
- Links to online profiles you use (Github, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
Apply for This Position