We’re looking to hire an experienced iOS developer to join our team working on PSPDFKit, the leading cross-platform PDF framework. Our framework is used by thousands of companies and more than a billion users in countless different settings. Every single day with us is full of new and exciting challenges like designing easy-to-understand APIs and writing robust code.
- Make architectural choices that will affect thousands of apps.
- Write readable, cross-platform, and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
- Help improve our PDF Viewer app (written in Swift 4.2).
- Build new features and fix existing issues.
- Take the time to do things correctly instead of hacking together quick fixes.
- Collaborate with the entire company (Android, iOS, Windows, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, and Sales) using Slack, GitHub, and Zoom.
- Have good communication skills and value team cohesion.
- Have deep and intimate knowledge of Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- Have worked on frameworks or open sourced components before.
- Enjoy creating components with a clear and simple API.
- Have experience with C and C++ (or be ready to learn).
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
- Understand the challenges of working on a distributed team.
- The ability to work remotely and set your own schedule.
- Room for personal and professional development by encouraging learning and experimenting.
- Two planned company events during the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
- A motivated team and a work culture that enables you to do your best work.
- A generous vacation policy of five weeks, plus an additional allowance for conferences.
An Application Should Include:
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. We are especially interested in knowing how you started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you’ve learned since you began programming.
- A piece of code (it doesn’t have to be your own) that does something you find interesting, and an explanation why.
- Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
- A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
PSPDFKit helps companies and users increase productivity across the globe. With our robust PDF solutions, we ensure developers and end users have the highest quality tools available to do their best work. Trusted by industry leaders such as IBM, SAP, Lufthansa, and United Airlines, PSPDFKit is the go-to solution for integrating PDFs into your app. Find out more about us on the team page.
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We'd especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.
Check us out on Instagram.
Apply for This Position