More information about PSPDFKit Server can be found in the PSPDFKit Server guides.
Server-backed deployment requires the installation of our PSPDFKit Server component. This component needs to be integrated with your existing backend and enables pre-processing of your PDF documents on our dedicated server.
With rendering happening on the server, the experience is smooth no matter the device. The client intelligently downloads pages on demand, so even large documents can be browsed quickly. Your users' data remains safe with you, where it belongs by using fine-grained access control using JWT.
With this deployment option, you receive access to a docker container that can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and others). It requires a PostgreSQL database and can work with a dedicated storage server or Amazon S3 cloud storage.
To successfully use PSPDFKit for Web with the server backed option, you must first upload a document to the server using the backend API. This endpoint will return a unique document identifier, which is used to load the document with PSPDFKit for Web.
- Enable collaboration in your browser with PSPDFKit Instant
- Open large PDF documents in milliseconds
- Only downloads requested pages
- Built-in document and annotation management and archiving on S3 or a dedicated file serves
- Fine-grained authentication control let you control who has access to the original PDF document