More information about PSPDFKit Server can be found in the PSPDFKit Server guides.
Server-backed deployment requires the installation of our PSPDFKit Server component. This component needs to be integrated with your existing backend and enables preprocessing of your PDF documents on our dedicated server.
With rendering happening on the server, the experience is smooth no matter the device. The client intelligently downloads pages on demand, so even large documents can be browsed quickly. By using fine-grained access control with JSON Web Tokens (JWTs), your users’ data remains safe with you, where it belongs.
With this deployment option, you receive access to a Docker container that can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and others). It requires a PostgreSQL database and can work with a dedicated storage server or Amazon S3 cloud storage.
To successfully use PSPDFKit for Web with the server-backed option, you must first upload a document to the server using the backend API. This endpoint will return a unique document identifier, which is used to load the document with PSPDFKit for Web.
- Enables collaboration in your browser with PSPDFKit Instant
- Opens large PDF documents in milliseconds
- Only downloads requested pages
- Includes built-in document and annotation management and archiving on S3 or a dedicated file server
- Fine-grained authentication control lets you decide who has access to an original PDF document