2018.1 Migration Guide
PSPDFKit for Web 2018.1 adds support for a new thumbnail sidebar, page rotation, and XFDF export/import.
If you’re maintaining a Server installation, make sure to check out the 2018.1 Server Migration Guide.
- A new toolbar item was added to the
defaultToolbarItemsto show/hide the thumbnail sidebar,
sidebar-thumbnails. When it is clicked, it will update the
ViewStatehas new properties:
- The existing
Instance#exportInstantJSON()API is now also available on server deployments.
- A new API was added to export XFDF:
- A new, standalone-exclusive API was added to import XFDF when loading a PDF (
Configuration#XFDFKeepCurrentAnnotations). For server setups, this is part of the Server API.
- When loading a WebAssembly instance, support for IndexedDB caching and streaming instantiation will now be detected. If the browser supports any of these techniques, we’ll use it to improve WebAssembly initialization time.
- The new WebAssembly streaming instantiation will require a specific MIME type for the
pspdfkit.wasmartifact. This needs to be configured by your web server if you’re not using PSPDFKit Server. Make sure that the response header for the WebAssembly request returns
For a full list of changes, check out the changelog.