Detailed Feature Breakdown
To find out which browser versions are supported by which versions of PSPDFKit, please see the following page.
- Support for PDF 1.0 – PDF 1.7 (PDF Revision 1.8, Acrobat 9) and ISO PDF (ISO 32000)
- Support for all compression filters: JPEG/JPEG2000, JBIG2, CCITT Fax, and Flate/PNG
- Rasterize the whole page or subsets thereof
- Printing using built-in browser functionality
- Full transparency support (transparency groups, soft masks, all supported blend modes)
- Limited ability to work with corrupted PDF documents (e.g. broken cross references)
- Document text is parsed and can be extracted as Unicode.
- Horizontal text can be selected unless it’s an image or it consists of pure path vector data.
- PDF page label data is exposed as strings.
- PDF actions are exposed as action class clusters.
- PDF annotations are exposed as regular objects.
- PDF form elements are exposed as regular objects/trees.
All of these objects can be programmatically created or modified. PSPDFKit can save annotations back into the PDF (if that component is licensed) and fill out forms.
- Respecting document permissions (e.g. disable printing or text selection)