- PSPDFKit for iOS with Instant
PSPDFKit and Instant are two separate dynamic frameworks available in the same download. Download the latest release from customers.pspdfkit.com, or for evaluation purposes, fill out the trial form and download the latest release, or use Swift Package Manager (see the integration section below).
A PSPDFKit Server instance
See the Example Projects guide to get an instance up and running.
The latest stable Xcode
PSPDFKit and Instant usually require the latest stable version of Xcode available at the time the release was made.
Quick Start with the Example Project
Instant comes with an example iOS project in the Examples folder, which connects to either one of our example server apps.
- Run PSPDFKit Server locally using one of our Example Projects.
- In a web browser, log in to the example app with the same user ID the iOS app uses in
AppDelegate.swift, which by default is ‘test’.
- Add a document to the server using the Upload PDF button.
- Select the document to view it with PSPDFKit for Web.
- Build and run the Instant-iOS-Example scheme on the iOS Simulator. After launching, the app should load the document list from the server.
- Tap the document in the app to download it and show it in a
- Add annotations in the iOS app or in the browser to see annotation syncing.
Instant-iOS-Example doesn’t build, make sure you’re using the latest stable version of Xcode; expand the
Frameworks group in the Project Navigator; and check that the
Instant.xcframework frameworks aren’t missing. If the app runs but no documents appear, make sure the
serverURL and user ID in
AppDelegate.swift and the server are running and the server is reachable from the device.
To run on an iOS device rather than the Simulator, set the
Instant-iOS-Example/AppDelegate.swift to an absolute URL that the server can be reached at. This is your Mac’s local IP address, which you can see by option-clicking the Wi-Fi icon in the macOS menu bar.
Integrating the Instant Framework
Swift Package Manager
If you’re already using Swift Package Manager, you can add Instant to your project like so:
- Integrate the PSPDFKit Swift package.
- Integrate the Instant Swift package using the public repository URL.
If you’re already using CocoaPods, you can add PSPDFKit and Instant to your project by adding the following to your
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
use_frameworks! target :YourTargetName do pod 'PSPDFKit', podspec: 'https://customers.pspdfkit.com/pspdfkit-ios/latest.podspec' pod 'Instant', podspec: 'https://customers.pspdfkit.com/instant/latest.podspec' end
To integrate manually:
- Integrate PSPDFKit.
Instant.xcframeworkinto the Frameworks, Libraries, and Embedded Content section of your target.
If you’re already using Carthage, you can add PSPDFKit and Instant to your project by adding the following to your
binary "https://customers.pspdfkit.com/pspdfkit-ios.json" binary "https://customers.pspdfkit.com/instant.json"