We’re looking to hire a Technical Writer to join our team working on PSPDFKit. Our framework is used in countless different settings, from meeting rooms to factory plants and airplanes, which brings unique challenges and requires great documentation and developer support.
You will gain a lot of experience working on and around a huge, interesting projects.
- Write great documentation and improve existing one.
- Write technical blog posts.
- Write support answers.
- Learn how a large project and codebase is organized.
- Spend time to get things “right”, not to hack something up quick.
- Collaborate daily with the whole team (Android, iOS, Core, Support, Backend, Design) using Slack, GitHub and Google Hangouts.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is located somewhere that’s 6 hours +/- of the UTC timezone.
- Has good communication skills and understands the importance of team cohesion.
- Is self-motivated and curious about new technologies.
- Has a creative approach to problem solving.
- Is interested in new challenges.
- Has basic understanding about iOS, Android, Linux and Windows.
- Has some experience in Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, C and/or C++.
- Is rigorous, methodical and thorough.
- Enjoys breaking things 😄
What You Get
- Room for personal and professional development.
- A motivated team and a thriving work culture.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
You Should Include These In Your Application
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: How’d you get started? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
- Links to online profiles you use (Github, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.
Apply for This Position