We’re looking to hire a junior developer to join our Windows team in Vienna working on PSPDFKit, the leading cross-platform PDF framework. Our framework is used by thousands of companies and more than a billion users in countless different settings. The focus of the role is on Windows but you will be learning and working on Web technologies, Linux and even macOS and Android. The development of our Windows platform is multi-lingual and cutting edge. We are at the forefront of Windows development and this is a great opportunity to learn and develop valuable skills and enjoy yourself whilst doing so. Every single day with us is full of new and exciting challenges like designing easy-to-understand API and writing robust code and ultimately creating a great developer and user experience. In this role, you will learn a lot and grow into an experienced engineer while working on a huge, interesting project.
Please note that we do not offer relocation — you should already be in Vienna or have relevant remote working experience!
- Learn how a large project and codebase is organized.
- Build new features and fix existing issues under the guidance of our senior engineers.
- Write readable, cross-platform, and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
- Spend more time getting things “right” as opposed to hacking something quickly.
- Support our customers in integrating our products, help them debug and fix issues, and collaborate with them to understand their requirements for our products.
- Collaborate with the whole team (Core, Android, Windows, Web, Design, Marketing) using Slack, GitHub, and Google Hangouts.
- Be located around Vienna or if you already have remote experience somewhere that’s 6 hours +/- of the UTC timezone.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
- Have good communication skills and value team cohesion.
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Enjoy creating components with a clear and simple API.
- Have a good understanding of the challenges of concurrent and parallel programming.
- Have a good understanding of C# or a similar language, e.g. Java with a willingness to dive in and learn.
- Room for personal and professional development.
- A motivated team and a work culture that enables you to do your best work.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation policy.
We Are Looking For:
- A write-up explaining who you are as a programmer. We are especially passionate about knowing how you got started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you’ve learned about yourself since you began programming.
- A piece of code (it doesn’t have to be your own) that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why.
- Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
- A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by austrian law to quote the minimum wage for this position. Depending on your level of education and work experience the minimum wage will be monthly 1.767.- € gross. We are willing to pay more for the right candidate.
PSPDFKit helps companies and users increase productivity across the globe. With our robust PDF solutions, we ensure developers and end users have the highest quality tools available to do their best work. Trusted by industry leaders such as IBM, SAP, Lufthansa, and United Airlines, PSPDFKit is the go-to solution for integrating PDFs into your app. Find out more about us on the team page.
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.
Apply for This Position